Posted to alt.home.repair
catalpa catalpa is offline

Default 440 volt three phase question

wrote in message
On Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 10:03:40 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've had the moment to work on 440 volt roof top heating and AC.

Once in a while, need some power to run a 120 volt device. Is it 120
volts from one leg to ground?

(Yeah, I could just check it. But I was on the roof yesterday, and not
sure how long until I get to another roof.)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I've got a client looking to buy 50 - 100 acres with access to 440 3 phase
electricity. Question 1 - is this a heavy electric capacity? 2 - How does
one figure this information out. There are power poles that traverse the
frontage of the property. There are 4 wires total on the poles. One of the
poles has 3 transformers on it. Any idea?

Very disturbing post as Stormin died on a roof 2 years ago and cannot reply.