Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default How much extra HP from burning nitro?

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 08:54:23 -0700, Mike Colangelo
wrote:

On 2/26/2013 6:12 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:02:17 -0800, Tom Stanton
wrote:

On 2/26/2013 3:28 PM, Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:52:10 -0800,
wrote:

So I was wondering, from a post here about a bone stock engine running
nitro methane instead of gasoline, how much extra horsepower could a
stock engine produce just by changing fuels from gas to nitro? I'm
thinking that the engine won't run very well. Now, I'm sure that if
the compression was changed, and the carb re-jetted, and the cam
changed, things might work better. But if all you do is change fuels I
think there won't be much of an increase. This is of course in
response to gunner's assertion that he was clocked going 264 mph on a
bone stock Ninja motorcycle burning nitro methane fuel. I don't think
the motorcycle could develop enough power to push itself and someone
sitting on it to over 200 mph no matter what kind of fuel it was
burning.
ERic

Bone stock? Who the hell made that claim? It was a heavily modified
custom engine that may or may not been built by a guy who later busted
the land speed record on an improved verson. Might even have been the
same bike..shrug. Or not.

SNIP
Correction: Mark Weiber (AKA Gunner) said "stone custom engine" and I
read this as "stone stock engine" which I further morphed in my brain
as "bone stock engine". My mistake and I stand corrected. There is
still no ****ing way he rode any motorcycle as fast as 264 miles per
hour. Mark, how about you get the guy who's bike you supposedly rode
264 miles per hour to confirm you actually rode it that fast. Or that
you even got to sit on it while it was parked. I apologize for making
the mistake about what you said in the first place. But Mark, your
story was so fantastic that I guess I embellished it in my mind. Why
do you post stuff like this anyway? Nobody believes a word of it and
you must realize that. Why not just write a book about some kind of
superhero? Everybody will know it's a work of fiction and you can spin
all sorts of tales and maybe get paid for it instead of looking and
acting like a fool. Nobody takes the James Bond movies seriously but
they sure are fun to watch and make lots of money. Take advantage of
that. How can you expect folks to take you seriously when you talk
about stuff you do know about when you keep posting so much bull****
and presenting it as the truth?
Eric

Very good points.

Without rejetting the "stock" engine won't run at all on
nitromethane