Grant Erwin

Default Railroad Track Anvil, Built

I have a similar anvil stand. No wheels. I scoot mine too. I thought a lot
about putting wheels on it and decided not to. Feet and hot metal go lots
of places when I'm working, and wheels would get in the way. While I applaud
your idea of putting in a hole that clever way, I would personally not
choose that design feature were I to build it. - GWE

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Shawn writes:

This anvil is
fairly heavy but VERY easy to scoot around the floor as most of the
weight is at the bottom.

Having made similar things, I figured out next time I would use some 1/2"
PVC pipe to cast in an axle through-hole near the bottom of the base. That
way you can put an axle and some wheels just off the ground, and some
sockets for a handle, and you can wheel it around the shop. I imagine you
could retrofit this by welding onto your angles.