Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Is there a law gainst this?

On 22/04/2018 10:32, alan_m wrote:
Amazon signed me up without my say so for 'Prime' and if I hadÂ* not
taken prompt action it would have cost me £75 a year.

Are you sure that they signed you up?Â* They are rather sneaky in what
options they present on the screen when you want free postage. Say yes
to next day free postage and you are signed up to the Prime trial period.

In my experience you have to say no to the free postage for next day
delivery at least twice (after reading the small print) and then in one
of the final screens change the option from postage with an additional
cost to the 3 to 5 day delivery option.

I have noticed that Amazon are pushing Prime and to make a difference in
the service they are hanging on to other orders for a week before
dispatching them. The dispatched order will then arrive the next day!

They do now have 100 million customers. I must have made a mistake once
and I did then ring them to cancel. I find some things that Amazon sells
are reasonably priced, but I have to be careful as that is not always
the case.

--
Michael Chare