Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Is there a law gainst this?

On 23/04/2018 10:04, Huge wrote:
On 2018-04-23, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/04/2018 11:53, Huge wrote:
On 2018-04-22, Nightjar wrote:
On 22/04/2018 10:32, alan_m wrote:
I have noticed that Amazon are pushing Prime and to make a difference in
the service they are hanging on to other orders for a week before
dispatching them. The dispatched order will then arrive the next day!

I regularly use Amazon, but don't use Prime. Looking at the last month,
none of my deliveries have taken more than 2-3 days.

Prime isn't worth having in the UK. It's mainly aimed at the US, where
deliveries routinely take over a week.

If it were just discounted/free delivery then that could be true. If
however you want/value some of the other bundled bits (TV/Music/eBooks
etc) then the package as a whole can be a bit more attractive IMHO.

The video offering is crap. Everything I wanted to see is extra money.

I find it has its moments. The video offering is probably not good
enough as a standalone offering for the price - but ok as an "extra"
alongside the other bits. Some of their original series have been worth
watching. ("Halt and Catch Fire" being a good example)

And the comment about "aimed at the US" was from a friend in the US, so
I guess he knows what he's talking about.

I am not in the US so can't comment on their version of it. I was just
going on my experience of the UK version.

--
Cheers,

John.