Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default 58w fluorescent on a PIR

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 10:55:20 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
So instead of replacing a bulb you've got to replace the fitting, and
for many people that means an electrician. Crazy.

If it means you are going to get a decent light from it and a long life
I'd be happy.

Others seem perfectly happy with much less light than they had before.

I've yet to find any say 100w equivalent that actually is.

If you're referring to GLS 'bulbs', check out the 3 quid 12W 1500Lm LES
and BC 2700K/6500K offerings in Home Bargains or else the 1521Lm 14W
versions sold for 8 quid a box of two in Asda (I think they're warm
white). Be prepared to see a 10 to 15% higher reading on your digital
watt meter (plug in energy consumption meter) than what's marked on the
lamp though.

Ever the optimist, I'm assuming those wattage and light output figures
are a minimum consumption and light output obligation when run at the
bottom end of the mains supply voltage tolerance range (207vac) and the
higher wattage (and resulting light output) is merely the consequence of
our *actual* 240vac mains supply. :-) If I'm wrong then the manufacturers/
suppliers will have a lot of explaining to do when the ASA are called
upon to investigate yet another case of 'False Advertising'.

--
Johnny B Good