Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Repairing old Slide Projector

Nick Odell wrote in
news
On 23/04/18 15:12, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have just had my old Hanimex 1500RF slide projector out to view
some old 35mm slides and had to fix it.
The top casing is held onto the base by about 6 screws that screw up
into moulded pillars in the top casing. Most of these have split and
no lionger can accept a screw.

I am left wondering how to keep the top attached to the bottom. Any
ideas?

How neat and tidy do you want it? Do you expect to use it again and
again. I'd drill out the plastic and either use Rivnuts if practical
or Araldite-in threaded inserts otherwise if I wanted a proper job.
Otherwise Tim's duct tape....

Nick

I have just bought some long cable ties and have joined them to keep one
side together - I remembered my hot glue gun for the other side where a tie
would get in the way of the carousel.

Who knows - I may never use it again - I was sorting through about 2000
slides - and have taken screen shots of those that interested me (worked
well enough and faster than scanning)