Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Garage door repair

On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 6:41:10 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 4/23/18 5:35 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 4/22/18 11:08 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
I have a 18 ft two car garage door that was damaged by the spring when
it broke.Â* The top part keeps buckling when it is being raised.Â* I
tried to put a 18 ft 2x4 under the sheet metal on the top, but it
still keeps bending.Â* Any suggestions?
Here is a pic:
https://memphis.craigslist.org/wan/d...559399562.html

The repair guy wants $700 for the top panel.Â* Is there a cheaper place
where to get that?

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Would putting a piece of garage door rail across the broken part
do any good?
The ones I saw at a local farm supply store looked a lot like channel iron.

This stuff:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/national-hardware-5116-box-rail-galvanized-10-ft?cm_vc=-10005

+1

Or anything steel that's similar, eg a piece of angle iron. HD sells
it in lengths. For that matter, I don't see why the 2x4 would not work
if it was properly bolted in place. But angle iron would be far less
noticeable.