Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ridge tile problem

In article ,
Robin wrote:
In article ,
Robin wrote:
Feel very free to pay someone who knocks on the door to 'patch' your ridge
tiles using ordinary mortar. As often as you want to.

Oh I shall. As I said, it's a free country.

By the same token you are free play the secret squirrel with your
expert knowledge of ridge tiles.

Unlike you who seems to have to get someone in to do it anyway, I
don't claim to be an expert. Just observed how many roofs I see with
chunks of mortar missing from the ridge tiles.

I have not done ridge tiles but I have refitted a coping on parapet
walls.

The fact you can't see the difference between that and ridge tiles says a
great deal about your building knowledge. Bricks don't tend to move around
like the average tiled roof.

That's why I bothered to look for recommended mixes and found out
about the revised BS 5534.

Coping stones on a sloping parapet wall should be secured by more than
just mortar.

What have you DIY'd and what mix(es) did you use?

It also likely depends on what sort of roof you have and what the
ridge tiles are made of. But don't let facts gets in your way.

I'd be happy to consider any relevant facts you provide - like the ones
you quietly snipped from above.

Rather pointless with people like you who already know it all.

--
*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.