Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Paletized bench tools

On 4/18/2018 11:54 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
I have a beautiful workbench top in my garage.Â* I face glued 20 2x4s and
sent the slab through the planer then sanded and gave it 5 coats of
urathane.Â* I mounted my 6" bench grinder, my 4" Colombia vice and my
Craftsman hobby swivel vice to 5/4"x8" Beech.Â* Then I C-clamp the tools
to the top whithout drilling mounting holes in the unblemished top and
have a big, flat work surface.Â* Is there some mounting system
off-the-shelf?Â* I still have a few tools to mount.

I have a couple of seldom-used power tools that are palletized. My
system is to mount the tool on a steel plate and weld a piece of angle
to the bottom of the plate. To use the tool, the vertical leg of the
angle is held in the bench vise. It helps that I have my bench vise
mounted to the side of the bench, so that its top is even with the bench
top.

Oh, wait ... a more careful reading of your post reveals that your bench
vise itself is palletized. Pallet on pallet is probably not a good idea.