Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Is there a law gainst this?

On 23/04/2018 10:01, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/04/2018 11:53, Huge wrote:
On 2018-04-22, Nightjar wrote:
On 22/04/2018 10:32, alan_m wrote:
I have noticed that Amazon are pushing Prime and to make a
difference in
the service they are hanging on to other orders for a week before
dispatching them. The dispatched order will then arrive the next day!

I regularly use Amazon, but don't use Prime. Looking at the last month,
none of my deliveries have taken more than 2-3 days.

Prime isn't worth having in the UK. It's mainly aimed at the US, where
deliveries routinely take over a week.

If it were just discounted/free delivery then that could be true. If
however you want/value some of the other bundled bits (TV/Music/eBooks
etc) then the package as a whole can be a bit more attractive IMHO.

I use my daughters prime account.
It pays well if you choose the no rush delivery and you want kindle
books as you get a pound back for each book.
They actually pay me to use prime ATM as the wife reads lots of books.
They would still be paying me if I paid the full £70 myself.