Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a law gainst this?

On 22/04/18 09:49, Nightjar wrote:
Amazon signed me up without my say so for 'Prime' and if I hadÂ* not
taken prompt action it would have cost me £75 a year.

SFAIK, it is illegal for you to be enrolled in a paying service
without your consent. However, if you have, at any time, accepted a
trial of Prime, you have agreed to it being automatically renewed when
the trial period ends. Given the way they present the options, it is
not difficult accidentally to chose to trial Prime when navigating to
the checkout.

Except that having been caught that way once, I am uber careful.

It's the "yes I'd like free delivery" (and a free trial of Prime) that
most likely catches people.