Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door repair

On 4/22/18 11:08 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
I have a 18 ft two car garage door that was damaged by the spring when it broke. The top part keeps buckling when it is being raised. I tried to put a 18 ft 2x4 under the sheet metal on the top, but it still keeps bending. Any suggestions?
Here is a pic:
https://memphis.craigslist.org/wan/d...559399562.html
The repair guy wants $700 for the top panel. Is there a cheaper place where to get that?

Would putting a piece of garage door rail across the broken part
do any good?
The ones I saw at a local farm supply store looked a lot like channel
iron.