Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Builders and electrics

On 22/04/2018 15:36, Tim Watts wrote:
On 22/04/18 14:45, ARW wrote:
On 22/04/2018 12:40, wrote:
On Sunday, 22 April 2018 10:25:28 UTC+1, Tim WattsÂ* wrote:
I had an enhanced DBS check done to allow me to work unaccompanied in
schools . I still have an escort some of the time - for my safety.
Where the feck are you working - Tower Hamlets?

113 primary school pupilsÂ* with an exclusion reason of physical
assault against an adult in year 16/17.

Not Tower Hamlets.

https://new.devon.gov.uk/accesstoinf...ults-in-school

If one of them tried to assault me I would respond with a lot more
force than they were expecting.

It is as Hugh says, to stop allegations.

Yes I can see that. It's a sad world we live in now... I had to have a
DBS just to help a school with editing some fete photos (really!) and
off site. I was never unaccompanied on school premises.

Last year our middle son performed a major role in his primary school's
year 6 leaving play, with lots of lines, a number of songs and a couple
of solo sections - this was particularly significant for us as he'd had
confidence issues after a prolonged period of bullying and had only
moved schools the year before.

Parents, grandparents, etc. (as usual) were allowed to film, as long as
they agreed not to put it on the internet. However, one parent managed
to arrange for his nephew (a final year cinematography student) to film
it for us all. The school barred him, because they wouldn't accept him
editing the video off the premises - despite parents being able to take
their recordings home and him being a relative!

Instead, the school arranged to record it for us, so no-one else
bothered. During the first performance, they messed up the recording and
during the second, the battery died.

They said they'd try and edit the two perfomances together. Nothing ever
appeared and we are left with no video, just a few stills that I took
myself.

Next year, our youngest will be leaving the same school. I will ensure
that I video his performance myself!

SteveW