Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Builders and electrics

On 22/04/18 20:00, Alan J. Wylie wrote:
Max Demian writes:

A useful way to 'lend' electricity to a neighbour who has been cut
off: A cable with a plug each end.

In the hall of residence we only had 2A round pin sockets, 3 or 4 rooms
shared a single fuse. The fuse was easily blown. Someone had the bright
idea of doing exactly the above. Shame that the rooms that he had wired
together were on different phases when the power came back on.

York Uni did that in some of the blocks - only I think it was the whole
corridor that went black when someone put a toaster on!