Joseph Meehan

Default Failing Fluorescent Fixtures

I will suggest several things to check in the order I would check.

Are the lamps black at one or both ends? If so replace them (get the
same type)

Try removing and replacing the lamps. Bad contact is a possibility.

Make sure the fixture is properly grounded. This is especially important
in a bathroom as it is not only a functional issue, but a safety issue.

Consider replacing the fixtures. I would tend to chose non-fluorescent
fixtures. There are some safety concerns and at least some codes have
banned them from bathrooms. Generally they are not good lights for
bathrooms. The quality of light is not good and the short term use they
generally get in a bathroom tends to negate their advantages.

Remember that cold temperatures are a problem for many fluorescent lamps
and that is likely why they just started having problems.

Good Luck

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
I have a fluorescent light fixture in my bathroom that won't fully
light up anymore. When I flick the switch, the bulbs come on to about
30% full brightness. If I leave them on for a long time (maybe a half
an hour), they eventually kick on to full brightness. Obviously the
bulbs aren't burned out. What do I need to do in order to "see the
light?"

Thanks.