Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Trying to determine the exact centre line of a party wall

Robin said:

Again, FWLIW I agree - assuming you get the work done.

Barring unforeseen problems, this is going to happen.

If not, the main question for them is "what might this mean
for selling our house?"

I'm very out of touch with buying and selling property these days. Does
anyone know if it's obligatory now to disclose to any potential buyer that
there had been a boundary-breaching conflict in the past, even if it had
been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties and the planning
department?

don't know the answer. But in their shoes I'd be inclined to err on the
side of caution and at least drop a few hundred on a surveyor's report.

--
Robin