Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 58w fluorescent on a PIR

In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:
My interest in LPW improvements is less to do with electricity savings
and more to do with lamp savings in locations that are crying out for a
decent 100 or 150 watt incandescent's worth of lighting power. At the
moment, with those 125LPW lamps, we seem to be at the stage where we can
now fit a "100W incandescent equivalent" in a standard fitting with
little fear of premature failure.

Which is the problem. I must be unusual in wanting a decent lighting level
when actually needed. And here, that would mean a minimum of old 100w
tungsten or larger, if a single light.

--
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.