Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Safety - Lift

On 21/04/2018 21:03, Brian Gaff wrote:
It would mean I'd not go near the bloody thing.
No I believe any lift without a functioning alarm is illegal in a public
building. When I got stuck in a lift at my place of work health and safety
were all over us since the only reason I got out was somebody heard me as
they passed the door.
Brian

When a colleague got stuck in one of the lifts at work for a couple of
hours, he managed to raise the alarm no problem. Then, as the lift was
fitted with a full, standard phone in a hatch, he used it to phone
friends for a chat!

SteveW