Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 58w fluorescent on a PIR

In article ,
ARW wrote:

Despite the claims for long life, I'm not convinced replacement LED bulbs
with built in electronics do all last the claimed life except under lab
conditions.

They are getting better. I now only fit LED (unless the spec says
different).

I'd hope they are. But in this case with an existing fitting, I'd bet a
decent electronic ballast and tube will last longer. Added benefit is you
already know how much light it gives (and the quality of that light),
unlike with LEDs where you have to guess until you've fitted them.

--
*Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.