Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Granite countertop edges

On 4/20/2018 9:12 AM, Paul K. Dickman wrote:
They can be ground on site.
You can hire somebody, but you probably have the necessary skill set to do
it yourself.
I would suggest striking it off to a small 45 deg chamfer as it is easier to
do than freehanding a radius.
Start with a couple of diamond sharpening stones up to 600 grit, then use
diamond disks for an angle grinder to take it up to 3000 grit.

Paul K. Dickman

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
news
My granite counter top in the kitchen has about a 1/16" radius edge. Big
mistake! now the edge has a number of little chips out of it. I wonder
if there is a way to fix without removing it and sending it back to the
company that made it. You can't notice the chips but you can feel them
and it makes me sick. Maybe a diamond file or such to smooth them out?

Thanks Paul, I'll try that. What do you think is the best counter top?
I love the look of the granite, guests just love it too.
but it must be kept impeccably clean, of course it's black.