Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Trying to determine the exact centre line of a party wall

Robin wrote:

Depends who you mean by "they".

I was about to make that very point. I accept that I'm in breach of the
planning permission and am taking steps to rectify it in exactly the manner
requested by the planners. Assuming that I can successfully do that, there
will be no reason for the council to take any action against me.

They would be in their rights to do so of course if I didn't carry out the
remedial work, but unless there's a problem with the neighbours over getting
it done I don't anticipate that happening.

I can't immediately think of any reason strong enough for the neighbours to
want to take the matter to court. But anything's possible I suppose.

Bert