Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Trying to determine the exact centre line of a party wall

On 20/04/2018 08:42, Bert Coules wrote:
Robin,

Many thanks for your thoughts, and yes, this is the ongoing saga of the
boundary overhang.

I entirely take your point about not being able to make assumptions
about the exact position of the boundary.

I'll see what I can manage regarding some photos and some more detailed
information regarding the situation.

Bert

If you are trying to determine if your loft conversion extends beyond
the party wall can you lift a floor board in the loft next to the wall
and drill a small hole through the ceiling below?

That will either prove its on your side or give you a spy hole on your
neighbour :-)

Mike