Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default need to be able to custom cut thin walled PVC pipe indoors

On 4/19/2018 8:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
On 4/19/2018 at 7:47:22 AM, JBI wrote:

I am a student and need to be able to custom cut a thin piece of PVC
pipe of the kind found in bathroom drains, which is a lot thinner
than sch 40. I am doing this for an art project so I will need to
cut precise holes into it as well as just plain cutting of the ends.
Is there something cheap I can use indoors to do this? So far, I
tried a really large, kitchen knife but it wouldn't begin to cut
through the pipe. I also tried a multi piece Xacto knife set with
many different blades, but broke the first blade trying to get
through it. Thanks in advance for any help.

A razor saw, such as the one below will make short work of the straight
cuts:

https://www.amazon.com/Xacto-X75300-...ords=razor+saw

Agreed!