Posted to alt.home.repair

Default need to be able to custom cut thin walled PVC pipe indoors

On 4/19/18 9:47 AM, JBI wrote:
I am a student and need to be able to custom cut a thin piece of PVC
pipe of the kind found in bathroom drains, which is a lot thinner than
sch 40.Â* I am doing this for an art project so I will need to cut
precise holes into it as well as just plain cutting of the ends.Â* Is
there something cheap I can use indoors to do this?Â* So far, I tried a
really large, kitchen knife but it wouldn't begin to cut through the
pipe.Â* I also tried a multi piece Xacto knife set with many different
blades, but broke the first blade trying to get through it.Â* Thanks in
advance for any help.

I'm drawing a blank on the proper name. It's just a piece of
thin cable with loops in the ends. One saws through pvc by pulling
the cable back and forth. A hose clamp might work for a guide.