Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default New fence issue

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 7:36:30 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/19/2018 4:50 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Lornj29 m writes:

Hello. I just got a new PVC fence. I am on a corner and told both neighbors
(side and behind) since they have dogs and hey share my fence (they dont
have their own). Now, the neighbor behind me decided to ask my fence installer
to install a matching gate for his yard entrance with is perpendicular to my
fence, but now it sticks out smack in the middle of my fence. I am so annoyed
and wish he would have told me so we could figure out a solution. Do I say
something or say something to the fence guy who did my fence? We moved there
in September and I dont want to cause problems but Im really ****ed.
Ill attach a before and after
picture. https://www.homeownershub.com/img/dx
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/dy
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/dz

You're upset because you can see part of a neighbors fence?

Plant some bushes and learn to only worry about things that
matter.

Probably all that could be done now. If neighbor is using OP's fence as
part of his fencing system, I would be annoyed too that neighbor had not
consulted with him. On my former house, I my yard fenced with a chain
link fence and used neighbors fence as back of my fence and attached to
it but I discussed it with him in advance and paid him for the usage of
his fence.

It would be illegal if neighbor crossed boundary line to attach to OP's
fence but might not be worth fighting about. They say good fences, make
good neighbors.

I don't see any evidence, either from the description or from the photos,
that the neighbor's fence is attached to his. You can clearly see the last
post of the neighbor's fence right near his. Nor is there any obvious way
you could attach the neighbor's perpendicular fence to his at the point
where they meet. His complaint appears to be that he can see the very top
portion of the neighbor's fence above his.