Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default BMC A series thermostat etc

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 16:04:59 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 15:45:45 +0100 Graeme
wrote:

One day, I'll look at the fuel gauge, which reads permanently empty.

Does it have a "reserve" setting on the tank? My Triumph Vitesse
(Herald) did, together with a manual priming lever on the fuel pump.

Don't think Travellers ever had them. Different shape tank to a Vitesse,
too. I only remember seeing them on Heralds and Vitesses.

Don't think the tank shape matters. Just two pipes drawing from different
levels, and a changeover valve.

Was the Triumph one that sophisticated? I thought it was just a higher
section in the tank that when you operated the lever it just drained that
into the main tank, normally when filling this compartment was already full
and just overflowed into the main section..

GH