Posted to alt.home.repair

Default need to be able to custom cut thin walled PVC pipe indoors

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 9:47:28 AM UTC-5, JBI wrote:
I am a student and need to be able to custom cut a thin piece of PVC
pipe of the kind found in bathroom drains, which is a lot thinner than
sch 40. I am doing this for an art project so I will need to cut
precise holes into it as well as just plain cutting of the ends. Is
there something cheap I can use indoors to do this? So far, I tried a
really large, kitchen knife but it wouldn't begin to cut through the
pipe. I also tried a multi piece Xacto knife set with many different
blades, but broke the first blade trying to get through it. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Home Depot sells an inexpensive miter box and saw set that you can use to easily cut the pipe at 90° or 45° angles. You can also use a step bit to drill different size holes in the pipe. If you want to go cheap, you may try a Harbor Freight store for less expensive tools but it appears that Harbor Freight's miter box and saw costs a bit more than Home Depot's miter box and saw. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Handy Monster

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ANVIL-14...SB14/304206812

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...9201/204312636

https://www.harborfreight.com/miter-...saw-66562.html