Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default New fence issue

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 12:44:06 PM UTC-4, Lornj29 wrote:
Hello. I just got a new PVC fence. I am on a corner and told both neighbors
(side and behind) since they have dogs and hey share my fence (they dont
have their own). Now, the neighbor behind me decided to ask my fence installer
to install a matching gate for his yard entrance with is perpendicular to my
fence, but now it sticks out smack in the middle of my fence. I am so annoyed
and wish he would have told me so we could figure out a solution.

It would not occur to most people to think about that a fence that is
entirely on their property would be objectionable to you because it's
slightly higher and visible over your fence. I don't think I would
have thought about it possibly being an issue.

Do I say
something or say something to the fence guy who did my fence?

The fence guy just did what the neighbor paid him to do, put a fence
on the property. I don't see what issue you could have with him.
What exactly do you want them to do? Take out the fence and put in
a lower one? They might do that if you pay for it, but unless you
offer that, I'd say it's not likely to be received favorably.

We moved there
in September and I dont want to cause problems but Im really ****ed.
Ill attach a before and after picture.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/dx
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/dy
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/dz

If you don't want to cause problems, get a few arborviteas or similar
and plant them on your side, one right in front of the spot you're
complaining about, the others spaced on either side. Or a few more
and make it continuous. I'd rather look at them than a fence anyway.