Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Garth[_3_] Garth[_3_] is offline

Default Etymological question -- "waller" a hole

replying to Tim Wescott, Garth wrote:
So Ive been trying to figure up why the 20 somethings dont know what
waller means in Texas. Which leads to ream, gape, and my own word inbiggin.
Using the same or bigger paddle bit makes an irregular hole in wood which
doesnt match my definition of ream. I use a #40 reamer to match drill #41
holes in aluminum which ends up with far cleaner holes and less burrs than
using a 40 drill bit. I also use ream to refer to removing burrs in copper and
plastic pipe cuts. Sort of sad not to find waller in the dictionary...

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...le-592425-.htm