Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Adding an ammeter to a car

Dave Plowman wrote

Must admit I'd be more inclined to fit an alternator so you don't have to
worry about how many amps you're using. ;-)

Mate of mine running a moggy traveler had some electrical issues and asked
me to look at it.

Found it had an alternator fitted and that had failed, turned out the car
was an ex Oxford Police vehicle and they had the alternator installed to
cope the with extra load of beacon, radio etc.
Nearest match was one off a Ford Transit.
The original had seen a lot of use,as well as the Police use it had first
belonged to my mates brother who took it down through Francos Spain and
Across into North Africa and back again twice.

GH