Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default Source of small metal sheet about 1.2 mm thick

On 16 Apr 2018 10:48:34 GMT
David wrote:

Having a potential strategy to make up a small plate to fix the
broken caravan locker mechanism, I now need to source some metal.

The existing components are nice steel and roughly 1.2 mm thick, so
that seems a good starting point.

As usual, Google is not necessarily my friend.

If you don't have a local sheet metal stockist check eBay - I've had
some small (A3 ?) sheets of aluminium at very reasonable rates
(considering what the shipping cost must be).
Otherwise car spares outlets usually have sheet steel in a variety of
thicknesses at not-overly-exorbitant rates.