Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Paletized bench tools

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
news
I have a beautiful workbench top in my garage. I face glued 20 2x4s
and sent the slab through the planer then sanded and gave it 5 coats
of urathane. I mounted my 6" bench grinder, my 4" Colombia vice and
my Craftsman hobby swivel vice to 5/4"x8" Beech. Then I C-clamp the
tools to the top whithout drilling mounting holes in the unblemished
top and have a big, flat work surface. Is there some mounting system
off-the-shelf? I still have a few tools to mount.

You could make small tool mounting tables that temporarily attach to
the sides of the main bench with loose pin hinges.