Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Adding an ammeter to a car

Graeme Wrote in message:

Back to the Morris. I have an ammeter, 30-0-30, and the dynamo is rated
13.5v, 22 amps. Still +ve earth. What I don't have is suitable brown
cable, and there seems to be a lot of conflicting advice.

Found cable described as 3.0mm˛ 44/0.30 27.5 Amp, which seems OK, or
should I go for 4.5mm˛ 65/0.30 35 Amp to be on the safe side?

Any idea of 'standard' car Lucar connector size? Options seem to be
6.3mm, 8mm etc. I'm guessing 6.3, being equivalent to the old 1/4 inch?

Thanks!
--
Graeme

Apart from olde worlde charm, if you're planning on keeping it for
many more years wouldn't an alternator upgrade make more sense
than an ammeter?

Tim