Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Downlighter hole damage

On 16/04/2018 21:56, ss wrote:
On 16/04/18 20:10, F wrote:
I've some downlighters set into a plasterboard ceiling and the wire
springs which hold them in place have damaged the plasterboard.

How do I repair the holes? Are there any inserts available that would
slide in?

Bonding plaster will build up damaged plasterboard and you can sand it
to shape once set.

To add to the The Natural Philosopher post, I find the edges of plaster
board tend to be `dusty` with loose particles, before plastering I
always coat the edges with PVA to `glue` any dust.

And gypsum plaster sets too hard to allow sanding.

use Wickes fine surface filler, preferably an out-of-date
bag. It sets quickly but before it is dry it can be easily
scraped and shaped.