Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adding an ammeter to a car

In article ,
Graeme wrote:

Back to the Morris. I have an ammeter, 30-0-30, and the dynamo is rated
13.5v, 22 amps. Still +ve earth. What I don't have is suitable brown
cable, and there seems to be a lot of conflicting advice.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.e...dard-pvc-cable

Found cable described as 3.0mm˛ 44/0.30 27.5 Amp, which seems OK, or
should I go for 4.5mm˛ 65/0.30 35 Amp to be on the safe side?

Use what Lucas did?

Any idea of 'standard' car Lucar connector size? Options seem to be
6.3mm, 8mm etc. I'm guessing 6.3, being equivalent to the old 1/4 inch?

The metric sizes are simply modern measurements of the old. They are
interchangeable.

Thanks!

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.