Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Source of small metal sheet about 1.2 mm thick

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 15:08:09 +0100, Theo wrote:

David wrote:
A 50 mm x 50 mm sample of 1 mm perspex might just be big enough, and at
£1.50 post free could be worth a punt.

1mm perspex is very weak - I wouldn't want to use it for anything
structural. You'd probably want to look at 3-4mm minimum, but note that
it fractures easily. I wouldn't use it for your application - metal is
better.

http://www.mackay.co.uk/metals-warehouse.html is our local metals place
- they will cut and mail order, but you might also use the catalogue to
find what sort of thing you want.

Theo

Thanks.

Ordered a couple of bits of perspex to play with.
It can't be much weaker than the plastic moulding. :-(

Cheers

Dave R

---