Posted to alt.home.repair
Dove Tail Dove Tail is offline

Default remove barbed fitting from irrigation tubing

On 4/16/2018 at 5:17:05 AM, TimR wrote:

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 7:09:05 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 4/16/18 6:00 AM, TimR wrote:
On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 10:03:23 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
Heat gun to soften it up?

That's my next plan.

I've also wondered if I could smash it with a big hammer and
anvil and get the pieces out without too much damage to the pipe.

I might be more inclined to used vise grips or a C clamp for
the smashing idea.

Ah, I like that. Seems worth a try.

I would have thought this to be a common problem, but I guess anyone
using this stuff usually has plenty of extra around.

Next time, install with plenty of slack to deal with these type of
situations. No matter how careful, you will always end up with broken
fittings or some kind of damage to the tubing.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"