Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default BMC A Series oil warning light

In message ,
writes

As others say I'd be wary of driving it with no functional oil warning
light. But it sounds like you've worked out a usable bodge until it
gets done properly.

I do take the point, and had another look this morning, pulling the
speedo out. Noticed the 'earth' wire from the bulb to the sender
changes colour somewhere, so must have been bodged at some time in the
dim and distant.

Long story short, I could not find a fault, so cut the existing wire at
the bulb end and ran a new wire from there direct to the oil pressure
warning switch. The light now comes on with the ignition, and goes out
with the engine running, as expected.
--
Graeme