Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Logging mains voltage: Arduino or Raspberry Pi?

On Saturday, 14 April 2018 20:39:07 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 13/04/2018 21:14, tony sayer wrote:

So let me get this right your trying to find out why a steam wallpaper
stripper is failing?.

I'd ask what make is it ?. Where is it made?

Modern Earlex, China I expect. 40 year old Earlex, UK I expect.

What's the actual specified mains voltage of the element in use for it?

220-240 volt

What the local mains voltage as measured over few days sampling

Today, it was 250. Sampling over a few days: THAT'S WHY I WANT A DATA LOGGER

A data logger won;t fix the problem, niether will buying an ardunio whether it's fakeardunio from ebay or the latest verion with wifi/bluetooth it'll be a waste of money, if you know you have 250V when you should really only have 230V then that is what needs sorting, an ardunio can't sort this problem out.

and are
you in a rural overhead line fed area or urban underground?

As I said earlier, it's rural on overhead lines

Perhaps you need a flying ardunio then ;-)

And has the same thing happened to any like for like replacements?...

Half a dozen

time to stop measuring the problem and start sorting it.

Finally does it take any RCD trip out when it fails?.

Sometimes but not always. They are failing open circuit, some but not
all fail a megger test.