Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default remove barbed fitting from irrigation tubing

On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 6:17:51 PM UTC-4, TimR wrote:
I have a piece of 160 PSI irrigation tubing. OD a hair over an inch, ID just a bit over 3/4.

It broke at a connection. Well, the barbed connector fitting broke in half.

It would be easy to replace, except I can't get the old one out.

I don't want to shorten the tubing, as it's the right length now, or I would just cut each end and start over. I could do that and insert a piece, but I would have to buy a 100 foot roll.

Is there any good way to do this?

Heat it very carefully with a propane torch or heat gun.