Posted to alt.home.repair

Default remove barbed fitting from irrigation tubing

On 4/15/18 5:17 PM, TimR wrote:
I have a piece of 160 PSI irrigation tubing. OD a hair over an inch, ID just a bit over 3/4.

It broke at a connection. Well, the barbed connector fitting broke in half.

It would be easy to replace, except I can't get the old one out.

I don't want to shorten the tubing, as it's the right length now, or I would just cut each end and start over. I could do that and insert a piece, but I would have to buy a 100 foot roll.

Is there any good way to do this?

Does it have to be exactly the same tubing for some reason? If
not, go down to
your local farm supply store or Ace hardware. Buy a couple feet or so
of hose
and splice that in. A double hose barb and maybe some hose clamps
should get
you started. NAPA or another auto parts store might have something.
Could you
splice in a pvc hose nipple?