Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BMC A series thermostat etc

In article ,
Graeme wrote:
In message ,
harry writes

From memory the fuel gauge sender is under floor mat in the boot/behind
rear seats. Just a float and a rheostat.

Thinking aloud here. Were I to disconnect the wire from the tank
sender, and short it to earth, assuming wiring and gauge OK, the gauge
will then read 'full', confirming the fault is with the sender?

I'll check the fuse first!

On the Minors I knew, only two fuses. So lots of other things not working
if one blew.

You could also measure the resistance of the tank unit between full and
empty. If that doesn't change, you have the answer. IHMO it's more likely
to fail than the gauge itself.

Checking the gauge as you said is a good idea.

--
*Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.