Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Logging mains voltage: Arduino or Raspberry Pi?

On 13/04/2018 21:14, tony sayer wrote:

So let me get this right your trying to find out why a steam wallpaper
stripper is failing?.

I'd ask what make is it ?. Where is it made?

Modern Earlex, China I expect. 40 year old Earlex, UK I expect.

What's the actual specified mains voltage of the element in use for it?

220-240 volt

What the local mains voltage as measured over few days sampling

Today, it was 250. Sampling over a few days: THAT'S WHY I WANT A DATA LOGGER

and are
you in a rural overhead line fed area or urban underground?

As I said earlier, it's rural on overhead lines

And has the same thing happened to any like for like replacements?...

Half a dozen

Finally does it take any RCD trip out when it fails?.

Sometimes but not always. They are failing open circuit, some but not
all fail a megger test.