Posted to alt.home.repair
83LowRider[_2_] 83LowRider[_2_] is offline

Default Jump starter for lawnmower?

On 4/13/2018 6:42 PM, mike wrote:
I'm getting too old to pull-start my lawnmower.
I bought a used electric start, but the battery is shot.

I bought a battery for my 23hp walk-behind last week.
It's 275 CCA, and sells for $30 at Walmart.

The mower requires I buy a new one every 3-5 years,
depending on if I bring it inside during winter and
connect to my Battery Tender. I've done this for many
many years.

Don't take this wrong, but if you cannot pull-start a mower,
or afford a battery every few years... you probably shouldn't
own a mower. Even a self-propelled requires effort. Certainly
more than starting one usually requires.

Good luck.