Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Logging mains voltage: Arduino or Raspberry Pi?

In article , Theo theom+news@chi
ark.greenend.org.uk scribeth thus
newshound wrote:
I'm trying to see if there are overvoltage transients on a farm site,
and/or what the neutral is doing. Slow, rather than fast transients. I
recognise that the arduino analogue inputs are multiplexed.

So, I want to collect data for a week or so, then pop it into Excel to
see if anything is going on.

OK, so how do you intend to get the data from the widget into Excel? Plug
into a USB port? Write to an SD card? Wifi? Email? Internet?

How reliable does it need to be? Can you cope if it reboots occasionally?

How slow is a slow transient?

Would you go for Arduino rather than adding an ADC to a Pi?

It depends what you want to do.

Theo

More or less any old APC UPS wll tell you what the voltage is over time
least the few i have do that show you over and under volts...
--
Tony Sayer