Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Recommendations for a SELF PRIMING (not a submersible!)cellar pump.

Johnny

I'd been hanging on for over a year awaiting Lidl's next batch of 1.2KVA
(pk) inverter gensets to arrive in their stores when I spotted,
completely out of the blue, a half pallet's worth (4 or 5) at the bargain
price of 99 quid rather than at their more usual 129 quid price point.
That low price was an unexpected bonus, matching the price paid by
another 'jammy' poster to this news group nearly two years back who'd
discovered his 99 quid bargain hidden underneath a pile of clothing in
the "Reduced To Clear" bin in another Lidl store (the lucky git!).
Suffice to say, that was the very first item placed into the XYL's
shopping trolly that Sunday afternoon. :-)

At the time when I read that lucky git's posting, my thought was, "Yeah,
at that price, even though it's way under-powered for my needs,

As said lucky git I remembered that when I visited a Lidl at opening time
on Sunday Morning and saw a similar pile of generators. Didnt look too
hard as my target purchase was elsewhere but did notice the boxes looked
more rectangular than the one I obtained which was a cube. Whether the
model has been changed much I havent had time to look and at that price
point it doesnt really matter,it will either work for you or not and not
too great a loss if it doesnt. I havent used mine in anger for running in
a power cut yet,the supply has been quite robust since purchase. Another
resident of the village borrowed it for a night to run a moth trap in a
field and it ran ok but it was lightly loaded, Ive used an electric
chainsaw on it on a couple of occasions such sawing up some fallen branches
on a roadside and it coped. Nice and light to pop in the car for that.

My target on Sunday was the wildlife cameras, normally Im not one of
those who chases bargains to the extent of arriving at store open time but
was glad I did on this occasion as they only seemed to have about 10 on
sale, I picked up two and all had gone by 20 mins. I did some other
shopping and then noticed an old chap looking a bit crestfallen at the
empty bin,he had made a visit specially to purchase one and had already
missed out at another store only about 5 miles away, so I let him have one
of the two I had.
I already have a Bushnell and a little acorn so didnt need to be greedy.

GH