Posted to uk.d-i-y
ChrisK ChrisK is offline

Default Renewing electrical feed (curious)

They hat to rewire our development (mid 1980s build) a few years ago
after repeated failures and mini explosions.

Apparently, the original installers were not familiar with a new style
of cabling introduced at the time resulting in poor quality joints.

Chris K

DerbyBorn wrote:
I live on a development about 30 - 40 years old.
The electricity company are laying new cables to the little substations. It
is a twisted trio of red cables.
I am curious as to what may have triggered this: Age of the cables?
Inadequacy of the cables? If inadequacy how would the electicity supplier
know? By logging the loads?
Seems a costly job and we have had no powercuts