Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Logging mains voltage: Arduino or Raspberry Pi?

On 12/04/2018 12:37, newshound wrote:
For reasons I won't bore you with, I'm interested in building a cheap,
simple data logger to monitor mains voltage, ideally two channels (live
to earth and neutral to earth). In the dim and distant past I have
designed and built such things more or less from scratch, but surely
someone has already done this.

I havn't used either Arduino or Pi before, but I assume one or other
would be the obvious starting point.

However ATM google isn't giving me a strong lead. Thoughts?

Unless you are wedded to doing it with an RPi it might be easier to use
something that comes with ADCs as standard. ARM evaluation board maybe.

Learning curve for getting anything to work is a bit steeper. eg.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/proce...-kits/1501738/

I have one of the STM ones which ISTR are about £20.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown