Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Attn: Ed Huntress, One fast Honda S600

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 22:57:28 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 11:36:11 +1000, Jon Anderson
wrote:

We'd chatted about the early S series Hondas some time back. Brother
send me this link, thought you might get a kick out of it. Started at
8:18 for me, if it starts sooner, that's where the S600 shows up.

https://youtu.be/id3B91YJ6Xk?t=498

Jon

Omigod. That is insane. I'm surprsed it makes such great hole shots.
It must be a bear to control, with the short wheelbase.

Thanks, Jon. That's fun.

The "wheelbarrow handles" are a CRITICAL component on that
super-buggy to keep the front wheels close to the ground!!!

That baby is QUICK!!
reminds me of a '47 or 48 Topolino with a Pontiac HO that was
running around at the street nats in Tulsa in '76.

IIRC it held track records at Riverside and Laguna Seca as well as
Solo, as well as Bonneville for it's class.

A "multi-discipline" true "sporting car"

When he said "jump" it didn't even stop to ask "how high?"

And it was "street legal" in California at the time.